Welcome to the PKD Foundation’s Dayton/Cincinnati Chapter Website!
Learn More about PKD.
Don’t miss out on our series of quarterly webinars designed to provide education and information about various medical and lifestyle issues related to polycystic kidney disease.
Click here to visit our NEW learning center and to view our FREE educational webinars!
Make a difference in the lives of 12.5 million people.
We are looking for volunteers to help with some small duties to keep our Chapter growing, and raise PKD awareness in our area.
Help is always welcome in the following areas:
- Helping on the Wine and Cheese Fundraising team.
- Keeping the Chapter aware of what’s happening in Washington, DC. It’s easy with Foundation emails.
- Working on the Walk for PKD 2012, the signature fundraising event for the PKD Foundation.
- Putting information about PKD in your doctors’ offices.
- Speaking in front of groups speak about PKD at service groups like Kiwanis or Sertoma. These groups usually have a speaker at their monthly meetings, and this is an easy way to help spread the word about PKD. We can supply you with a script, PKD handouts and materials.
PKD Champions - Hard at work on behalf of PKD patients!
Dayton Cincinnati Chapter Champions are continuing a great project to help patients get timely, needed information about Polycystic Kidney Disease. Especially designed a business card for nephrologists and dialysis centers to pass to patients with a diagnosis of PKD. Take a look!
Please contact Deborah Watson at email@example.com if you would like more information or to volunteer for one of these jobs or one that you would like to create which uses your talents for the Chapter.
Join the Dayton-Cincinnati Chapter for a Support Meeting at one of two different places! Come to one, or come to both!!
Thursday, June 20
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
2500 Miamisburg Centerville Road
Dayton, OH 45459
Thursday, June 27
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
11397 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP's are not required, but to help us get a better idea of attendance, please email email@example.com.
Join us for the Walk for PKD on 9/22/2013. Registration is now open at http://walkforpkd.org/daytoncincinnati. There are also many great ways to help support the event as a volunteer including: day-of-event support, securing an in-kind donation, connecting us with a potential sponsor, communicating with participants, distributing promotional materials, serving on the planning committee and more. If you would like to volunteer please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Understanding Your Lab Results
April 10, 2013
Terry Watnick, M.D.
Find out what lab tests are important to kidney patients, what constitutes normal and when your health team needs to take action.