About the PKD Foundation
The PKD Foundation is the only organization, worldwide, dedicated to promoting research to find treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and improving the care of those it affects. Find out more about the PKD Foundation or contact us at 1.800.PKD.CURE (753.2873) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Career Opportunities
Conducts research and collaborates with fundraising staff to develop strategies for donor cultivation and solicitation. Provides planning, tracking and maintenance of the prospect pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the PKD Foundation's lead for donor research – including gathering information on giving history, philanthropic interests, political contributions, giving capacity and relationships - and assists in coordinating donor research efforts of other Foundation staff/interns.
- Prepares biographical profiles/snapshots and research reports for use by PKD Foundation major gifts team.
- Facilitates the PKD Foundation's major donor pipeline by researching and identifying prospective/emerging donors.
- Significantly supports the PKD Foundation's use of Raiser's Edge, including entering data, updating donor records, and running reports and queries to assist with prospect research and moves management.
- Provides support to major gifts team by tracking and monitoring Raiser's Edge dashboards, preparing quarterly strategic prospect opportunity reports and consulting on prospect list creation.
- Supports the development of strategic analysis from Raiser's Edge to create, evaluate and measure the effectiveness of the PKD Foundation's solicitation strategies against industry benchmarks.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is preferred that candidates have a minimum of a bachelor's degree. One or more years of related experience in data and prospect management, as well as responsibility and achievement in the nonprofit arena. Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar donor software preferred.
This individual must be proficient in data systems, and be capable of manipulating and interpreting data. Possess strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills. Have an ability to meet deadlines, organize time and manage diverse activities. Possess an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, word processing and office equipment. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, provide quality customer service and have the ability to exercise judgment in maintaining donor confidentiality.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) in addition to an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off – 20 days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 403(b) 7.5% of salary, no match required
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, and strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume to: email@example.com, or please fax your information to: 816.268.8497. Please reference "Prospect Research Specialist" in the subject line.