Welcome to the PKD Foundation’s Cincinnati/Dayton Chapter Website!
NOTE: Paint with a Twist event on March 23 has a small amount of space left. Please see Local Events section to register now!
Make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for volunteers to help with some small duties to keep our Chapter growing, and raise PKD awareness in our area.
Help is always welcome in the following areas:
- Helping on the Wine and Cheese Fundraising team.
- Keeping the Chapter aware of what’s happening in Washington, DC. It’s easy with Foundation emails.
- Working on the Walk for PKD 2012, the signature fundraising event for the PKD Foundation.
- Putting information about PKD in your doctors’ offices.
- Speaking in front of groups speak about PKD at service groups like Kiwanis or Sertoma. These groups usually have a speaker at their monthly meetings, and this is an easy way to help spread the word about PKD. We can supply you with a script, PKD handouts and materials.
PKD Champions - Hard at work on behalf of PKD patients!
Cincinnati Dayton Chapter Champions are continuing a great project to help patients get timely, needed information about Polycystic Kidney Disease. Especially designed a business card for nephrologists and dialysis centers to pass to patients with a diagnosis of PKD. Take a look!
Please contact Deborah Watson at email@example.com if you would like more information or to volunteer for one of these jobs or one that you would like to create which uses your talents for the Chapter.
We had a great Chapter meeting and grocery store tour at Kroger's Marketplace in September. The tour was conducted by nurse, Beth Klaine who also has a B.S. in Dietetics. You can read these quick tips for grocery shopping and meal planning Beth provided us here>>
Transplant Games of America
July 11 - 15, 2014
The Transplant Games of America is a multi-sport festival event for individuals that have undergone life-saving transplant surgeries. The games are more than an athletic event! They highlight the importance of organ donation and celebrate the lives of organ donors and recipients. For more information about the 2014 Transplant Games of America and to register to participate, visit www.transplantgamesofamerica.org.
The PKD Foundation plans to attend the 2014 games to celebrate with PKD patients that have received a kidney transplant, living kidney donors and their families. If you plan to participate, please take our brief survey!
NEW KROGER COMMUNITY AWARDS PROGRAM
MEMBERS MUST RE-REGISTER
Follow these steps:
1. Be sure to have your Kroger Plus Card handy when registering with Kroger.
2. Go to http://www.krogercommunityrewards.com/
3. Click on Sign In/Register
4. If you are a brand new online customer (which almost everyone is), you must click SIGN UP TODAY in the new customer box.
5. Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on your favorite store, and entering your e-mail address, creating a password and agreeing to terms and conditions.
6. You will then get a message to check your email Inbox. Click on the link within the body of that email to have your browser go to the next signup webpage in the process.
7. Click on My Account and use your email address and password and proceed to the next step.
8. Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus Card number or your alternate id. It is the long number under the Bar Code on the back of the Kroger Plus Card.
9. Update or confirm your information.
10. Enter PKD. Select organization from list and click on confirm.
11. To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see PKD's name on the right side of your information page.
12. If you use your phone number at the register (instead of a card), you can call (877) 576-7587 to get your Kroger Plus Card number.
13. When you shop, please swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Kroger Plus Card for your purchases to count for credit.
*You must have an email address to apply.
*Once you have successfully signed up, your receipts from the store will say a donation was made to Dayton Cincinnati PKD Chapter. If this is not on your register receipt you are not signed up properly and should try to re-register.
*For help please contact Peggy Burwinkel at 859-496-7051
Our Chapter does not have any meetings scheduled at this time, but we do want to hear from you! If you have questions about our Chapter or would like to connect with our Volunteer Chapter Coordinator, please email Deborah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Painting with a Twist
Join us for a 3 hour instructor led painting course featuring refreshments and baskets for raffle. Tickets are $35 each and 50% of the proceeds benefit the PKD Foundation. Participants will leave this fun event with a painting of their own. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
Sunday, March 23, 2014
6196 Tylersville RdMason, OH 45040
2:00pm - 4:00pm
Straight Talk About Transplantation
February 4, 2014
Presented by Melissa Blevins, RN, MS
What happens after you are told you need a kidney transplant? Melissa Blevins, RN, MS, will walk us through the process beginning when your physician tells you it is time to consider a kidney transplant.